Author Topic: LiF Server Discussion  (Read 2602 times)

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Show only replies by kortal
    • Kortal's Area
LiF Server Discussion
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:27:08 AM »

The LiF server is being worked on.

Here is the map we are going to use: archipel two

(i just boosted the max height to 260m)

BasilMod will be used like before, with mods: Chats, GMAnnounce, MotD, PingLimit (500 ms), Ravens, Tides (not sure if it is still necessary ??)

and here server settings

Code: [Select]
   <skillsStatsMult>3</skillsStatsMult> <!--  =1 is vanilla MMO skills progression setting (range: 0.1 - 100) -->
   <skillcap>
      <group id="1" value="2000" /> <!-- Crafting skills group skillcap. 600 is vanilla MMO skill cap (range: 200 - 3000) -->
      <group id="2" value="800" /> <!-- Combat skills group skillcap. 600 is vanilla MMO skill cap (range: 200 - 3000) -->
      <group id="3" value="800" /> <!-- Minor skills group skillcap. 600 is vanilla MMO skill cap (range: 200 - 3000) -->
   </skillcap>
   <terraformingSpeed>4</terraformingSpeed> <!--  Terraforming speed during TUNNELING only. 0.8 is a vanilla setting. Can be raised up to 60, but only players with GM powers will be able to dig tunnels with a single iteration (range: 0.1 - 5) -->
   <craftingPeriod>60</craftingPeriod> <!-- seconds for 1 crafting tick (burning of fuel, heating of objects etc) (range: 1 - 3600) -->
   <animalBFPeriod>60</animalBFPeriod> <!-- minutes between a breeding check. New harvest, dung and young animals will appear on that tick (range: 1 - 600) -->
   <dayCycle>3</dayCycle> <!-- Real life hours per in game day. Affects speed of crops and trees growth (range: 0.1 - 24) -->
   <animalsCount>100</animalsCount> <!--  WARNING! Big numbers might result a heavy server load. We'd recommend 50 or 100, but you can always experiment on your own hardware ;) Amount of animal spawn points and may result in a maximum of spawned animals at once. (range: 0 - 100) -->
   <maxPlayers>64</maxPlayers> <!--  Maximum amount of SIMULTANEOUS players on one server (range: 1 - 64) -->
   <port>28000</port> <!--  better have that port and +1 +2 port numbers opened and routed if needed. For instance, if you set that number for 26000, you will need to have 26001 and 26002 to be opened also. -->
   <objectDecayRate>0</objectDecayRate> <!-- Decay rate multiplayer for objects outside of the claim area. 0 by default - decay disabled (range: 0 - 10) -->
   <movableMaxDropHeightMeters>1</movableMaxDropHeightMeters> <!-- Allows you to restrict ability of players to hang logs, furniture and other movable objects in the air (range: 0 - 1000) -->
   <randomEventChanceWalk>0.03</randomEventChanceWalk> <!-- Chance of occurrence of random event while player is traveling in a Peaceful stance around the world. 0 removes any random events while walking (range: 0 - 10) -->
   <randomEventChanceAbility>0.02</randomEventChanceAbility> <!-- Chance of occurrence of random event while performing in game abilities (chopping trees, building objects etc.). 0 removes any random events for these operations (range: 0 - 10) -->
   <horsesDecayTimeMinutes>0</horsesDecayTimeMinutes> <!-- 0 = disabled (range: 0 - 35791) -->
   <homecomingDrop>0</homecomingDrop> <!-- 1/0. Determines whether homecoming will drop inventory. -->
   <judgementHour>
      <startTime>18:00</startTime> <!-- Local server real life time in HH:MM format, when Judgment Hour will start -->
      <weekSchedule> <!-- Weekly schedule that configures if Judgment Hour will be active at present day, or not -->
         <monday>0</monday>
         <tuesday>0</tuesday>
         <wednesday>0</wednesday>
         <thursday>0</thursday>
         <friday>0</friday>
         <saturday>1</saturday>
         <sunday>0</sunday>
      </weekSchedule>
      <duration>60</duration> <!-- Judgment Hour duration in real life minutes -->
   </judgementHour>

please take a good look at the skillsStatsMult and skillcap, and give your opinions about what theses values should be !

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please share now, before server is going live... soon  ::)

If you are a returning player, i can give you the gm password so you will be able to test everything. send me a pm on forum or on discord.

client download:
https://openload.co/f/fkUfIays_5U/Life.is.Feudal.Your.Own.v1.3.6.0-Kortal.7z.001
https://openload.co/f/AN9vL_Zbtjk/Life.is.Feudal.Your.Own.v1.3.6.0-Kortal.7z.002
https://openload.co/f/JQgNLZbALI8/Life.is.Feudal.Your.Own.v1.3.6.0-Kortal.7z.003
https://openload.co/f/RyUMPuCZI3M/Life.is.Feudal.Your.Own.v1.3.6.0-Kortal.7z.004

or

http://link.kortal.org/GK

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:38:17 PM by kortal »
Be sure to know the RULES before posting or playing on any of our servers. We have no tolerance for toxic/disrespectful people. You have been warned.

Grab Downloads (sfv, tools, ...) / Read Tutorials / Post Screenshots

Ride the Best, or Die like the Rest

The following users thanked this post: Warlord, Tesky

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by Beerson
  • Usual IGN: Thor Beerson
Re: LiF Server Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »

I can't remember just how much skillcap you need for all skills, but the last time you could have it all on two characters, I would probly make it a bit closer to MMO and go for 3 characters to get all the important skills, forcing people to specialize a bit more rather then having it all (and make it harder for those who want to have it all, like me :D )

just my opinion tho

is the version known already? do we have (even external) d/l link?

did a quick search for mods, seems not many are available, but what about this bridge mod since the map is going to be islands?

[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

also some other thoughts,
it could be helpful to double the amount of food new players get to better ease them into the game, this server is going to be gateway for many players so lets give em some time to get comfy

are you going to uproot low q trees? it might help the performance and noone wants those anyway :D

it could be good to limit number of claims per account to 1, I can't see any reason why someone might need two, and it will limit abusing claims

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:31:09 AM by Beerson »

Offline Warlord

• Approved Member
  • Survivalist
    • Show only replies by Warlord
  • LiF IGN: Warlord Lannister
  • Usual IGN: Warlord Disaster
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »

well... i would suggest to make skill multiplier to 10 just to make it fair for all  :D
and other thing is.. The Trees growth rate.. not sure where it is in codes.. but they take hell of time to grow in normal setting (Apple tree 1 real week, Oak tree 1 RL month) that waiting time.. would start a wood crisis lol
so basically if we could set all trees growth rate for 2 days and oak for 4 RL days like before would be great (although it cannot be abused anymore to make Tree Wall since they ve got expire timer now)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:30:23 PM by Warlord »

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »

I kinda agree on this, but feel like the settings should be changed after a month or so to make trees grow slower, we are definitely going to need some fast growing trees at start, but planning ahead with trees is a huge part of the game imo, you don't just grow a tree when you find out you ran out of wood

Offline Warlord

• Approved Member
  • Survivalist
    • Show only replies by Warlord
  • LiF IGN: Warlord Lannister
  • Usual IGN: Warlord Disaster
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 04:27:30 AM »

I kinda agree on this, but feel like the settings should be changed after a month or so to make trees grow slower, we are definitely going to need some fast growing trees at start, but planning ahead with trees is a huge part of the game imo, you don't just grow a tree when you find out you ran out of wood

Ofcourse but even tho i love to cut my enemies trees while they hide during JH.. or sometimes there are Griefers who cut trees of people who aren't online during JH just for fun.. it sucks to lose high quality grove of Oaks which takes 1 RL month to grow up just like this...
even after the starting time of the game... imo its better to keep it 3-4 days for normal trees and 7-8 for Oaks
we had that rate at the old kortal in the early 2017 and before it was faster, but not in the last wipe

Offline gsxman

• Global Moderator
  • Pwn3d
    • Show only replies by gsxman
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »

from what has been said sofar.
My opinion would be a middle ground. 1 month is to long. but 7-8 days is too quick.

i would say 14 days for oaks. this is twice as quick as vanilla, so it def helps.
but it is also 2 weeks.... so you need to plan and at times might be scarce.

as for apple tree's 1 week imo is fine. its food production. LiF was never ment to be a fast game.
you need to plan long in advance, and every move counts.

Now weilding the new and improved Ban Stick 2.0!

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »

you need to consider that we will need to replant the trees to improve quality, which makes 2 weeks into a month for achieving decent q trees, I would make it short at the beginning for this purpose specifically, having to choose between building or waiting for quality trees is not fun

Offline gsxman

• Global Moderator
  • Pwn3d
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »

i understand that.
but isnt that a part of the game? making such a choice.
those who start earlier have benefit, so the drawback is that it takes longer to start.
im just giving my opinion here though. i don't have time for a game like this, so ultimately it will come down infavor of the popular vote.

i dont like the idea of changing the rates after it starts. it puts those who start later at a disadvantage, because if they want to 'solo' or build thier own faction they will still have to grind though the higher rates that those who were day 0 players didnt have to.

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »

from my own experience this is just not the case
thanks to players already building up the quality of trees everywhere, I was able to easily obtain hq trees for my own planting as soon as I had the skill, so I was at an advantage over them, and there were plenty of players offering to sell samplings at reasonable prices, or straight up donate em

when I started, getting access to a free apple trees of 90q+ and or pines and other trees 85-95q was not difficult, at least to me, and I am not talking about natural ones, I seriously doubt I came across any good natural tree and I looked, best were 2 low tier 70q trees

on a different note, any idea what version will (could) the server be running? I would like to download it and have a look at the geografy of the new map (don't like how artifical it looks tho) and see where I would like to settle, I got lucky last time finding a beautifull location that wasn't claimed, I don't want to gamble again :)

also need to get up to speed with the new updates, haven't played since kortal went down

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:41:02 PM by Beerson »

Offline Donnycore

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by Donnycore
  • Usual IGN: Donnycore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »

we will be running version 1.3.6.0 aka newest version

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »

@Beerson you can't use custom map with single player. You can only load them on a dedicated server

I don't think we can change trees growing time. Didnt saw anything in config. Maybe i'll take a look when everything will be up, so for now, it's not something to question about lol

About skill multiplier, 10 ? 5 ?

Be sure to know the RULES before posting or playing on any of our servers. We have no tolerance for toxic/disrespectful people. You have been warned.

Offline arzin

• Moderators
  • Opportunist
    • Show only replies by arzin
  • LiF IGN: Rufio
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »

you might want to wait for upcoming lif:YO update what arrives within few weeks.

Also, to change tree growth you can just simply go to YO folder: art/forest/baseTreeDatablocks.cs
and copy it to the same location on server. NB: Remember to delete baseTreeDatablocks.cs.dso <-server loads .dso always first, if not found then it loads .cs

inside this file are lines of codes to change every tree growth type.

Code: [Select]
new FamilyData(AppleFamilyData)
{
   family = Apple;

naturalYoungTime = 50;
   naturalMatureTime = 100;

playerPlantedYoungTime = 25;
   playerPlantedMatureTime = 50;

isHardwood = 0;
};
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:47:23 PM by arzin »

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »

are you sure about that @arzin ? where did you saw that ?

Offline arzin

• Moderators
  • Opportunist
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »

are you sure about that @arzin ? where did you saw that ?

it was posted in late april, they also have had postponed the YO update because of mmo update difficulties, but its coming as soon as major lif MMO update hits, it should have been today but it was postponed to happen little bit later. the same goes with YO update.

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »

kinda fucks up my plans... lol

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 03:35:03 AM »

I would still launch the server and call it a stress test  ;D

might be able to transfer to new version, might not, but I don't think anyone would be upset about wipe in order to get better version, as long as they were notified about it, and it might be month or two before we get it

Offline Donnycore

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by Donnycore
  • Usual IGN: Donnycore
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 11:45:26 AM »

i agree with him

Offline gsxman

• Global Moderator
  • Pwn3d
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 02:28:09 PM »

also would give people time to get a feel for the map.
if the update needs wipe then everyone back up to speed and knows where to go.

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 12:29:31 AM »

the test server is online:
lif.kortal.org:28000

There will be a full wipe at the next incoming game update.
So feel free to test everything and report bugs.

cracked and legit can play.

I will add client download soon

Offline sharkiller

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by sharkiller
  • Usual IGN: shark
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »

the skillcaps will be 600 and not 3000 as it was before?

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »

combat and other skills were changed along with skillcaps, read the log of lif version updates for more details

Offline Trexon

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by Trexon
  • Usual IGN: Trexon
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 02:05:25 AM »

Is it possible to change the seasons on the server? Because i think its pretty cruel to start the server at the start of the winter :D

Offline matei22

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by matei22
  • LiF IGN: Svyatislo Jharov
  • Usual IGN: Svyatislo Jharov
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 12:25:14 AM »

I agree with Trexon, it is really annoying and slowing the progress a lot, especially considering it is a test run. Can we get spring, please?
@kortal

Offline Beerson

• Newcomer
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »

I second that, with winter we might not be able to test a lot of things before the update hits

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »

yes, i will change seasons tomorrow.

btw the server will be down for some time. will be back up most likely tomorrow

Offline sharkiller

• Newcomer
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »

Is the server changing the seasons and coming back tomorrow?

Offline sharkiller

• Newcomer
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 01:06:08 AM »

please when you do something to the server if possible also notify in the discord that it is more practical

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 12:19:32 AM »

Sorry, i won't have time to change seasons yet.
Maybe @arzin will have time to. He will start to add his modifications to the server very soon.

Offline arzin

• Moderators
  • Opportunist
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »

It should be spring season already, no need to change it ^^

Offline kortal

• Administrator
  • Pwn3d
  • Topic Author
    • Kortal's Area
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 11:01:11 PM »

I knew my lazyness would pay someday  O0

Offline Oprichnik Lonake

• Newcomer
    • Show only replies by Oprichnik Lonake
  • LiF IGN: Oprichnik Lonake
LiF Server Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »

Is the server gonna be online again?
Thanks.